Zinc Deficiency Signs Can Be Serious:
• Stunted Development
• Impaired immune function
• Delayed wound healing
• Negative effects on prostate, eyes, and even sense of taste and smell
Groups Most at Risk:
• Older adults
• Pregnant women
• Exclusively breastfed infants
• Zinc is required for proper DNA synthesis, cell division, and cell turnover.
• Our immune system’s ability to fight infections and heal wounds partially depends on zinc.
• Zinc has potential antioxidant activity, protects our eyes from damage, plays a role in our learning and behavior, and may even affect one’s risk for prostate cancer.
The full story can be viewed below and here: Common Signs of Zinc Deficiency